At the beginning of 2021 CWA Singapore (CWAS) launched its first wellness and empowerment programme Strengthening Generations for volunteers aged 50 years and older.
The programme is funded by the Council of the Third Age who share CWAS interest in positive ageing and senior volunteerism.
As part of the programme, volunteers will:
- Learn how to cycle an e-trishaw and provide trishaw rides to seniors and people with limited mobility
- Receive training on longevity and wellness topics
- Help build healthier communities as volunteers share what they learn with people they encounter on trishaw rides
CWAS are on the lookout for more volunteers to join this programme and we welcome every keen volunteers especially with weekday availability.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, click the button above and Apply to be a volunteer today! For enquiries, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited spaces available, register early to secure your place.
- 50 years or older
- Singaporean or PR
- An interest in cycling or a willingness to learn
- 3-hr trishaw handling training with fellow ambassadors (additional training provided for those with little or no cycling experience)
- 2-hr optimised longevity training held virtually via Zoom
- Attend at least one activity (approx. 2-3hr) per month
Opportunities to Connect
- Monthly get-togethers for for longevity ambassadors to socialise, share experiences and receive top-up longevity training
Locations and Dates
CWAS have trishaws located across Singapore and will be introducing new locations toward the end of 2023. Locations include Jurong Lake Gardens, Passion Wave Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Bukit Merah Woodlands.
Our trishaw rides primarily occur on weekdays between 9:00am-6:00pm. With more opportunities on the weekends.
Opportunities to collaborate
CWAS is always looking for opportunities to collaborate with like-minded organisations and community groups to enhance our impact and reach.
If you would like to learn more about this programme or are interested in collaborating please reach out to us at email@example.com